Hartford Prints! for the Holidays! We’re looking for a dedicated holiday sales team to work in our flagship store and at outside events this holiday season. To apply please email a cover letter, resume + three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT HARTFORD PRINTS!
Hartford Prints! is a family run letterpress and urban goods brand that specializes in distinctive design and printing. The mission of Hartford Prints!, LLC is to produce singular, highest quality paper and products that blend modern typography, unique composition, and cutting edge designs in a fun, locally sourced, and sustainable manner. Our vision is to be a premiere letterpress brand on a national level and an urban retail brand at the local level. We seek to use the power of our brand to be a valued member of the local small business community, as well as a valuable resource to our customers, keeping the art of printmaking alive while promoting our city and state.
SCOPE AND PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Our holiday sales assistants are essential members of the HP! family. We are looking for creative self-starters who are passionate about working in our dynamic retail space in the heart of downtown Hartford. Sales assistants are responsible for supporting the operations of our downtown retail space, including opening/closing the store, tracking and stocking inventory, and providing quality customer service. Sales assistants will also support our store programming to drive foot traffic and increase sales, with a focus on unique promotions, merchandising, and in-store events.
Potential responsibilities include working store hours, working outside vending events, designing our seasonal window displays, and pitching new product and/or marketing ideas.
- Work store hours + outside events depending on weekly schedule. A flexible schedule is a plus!
- Provide a friendly, engaging, and fun atmosphere for customers
- Engage with store customers to increase sales
- Check out customers using our Square system
- Develop and execute merchandising displays
- Run any in store events and/or sales
- Take care of daily maintenance tasks like emptying garbage, cleaning, and answering the phone.
- Be knowledgeable about our goods and services and know where/how to direct business inquiries
- Educate potential clients about our process and mission
- Work outside vending opportunities
- Plan and execute unique, artistic, and seasonal window displays
- Brainstorm, design, and pitch new product ideas
- Brainstorm and pitch new marketing/programming/event ideas
- Is incredibly self-motivated, has lots of high energy, and is excited to work for a small, growing business in the arts.
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit, which includes the ability/flexibility to work long hours and to think creatively about ways to grow the business.
- Is passionate about Hartford Prints!, our mission, and our work.
- Is comfortable, easy-going, approachable, and fun!
- Has an artistic eye and spirit
- Has 4+ years of experience with retail + sales experience
- Can demonstrate the ability to talk with ease about our goods and services
- Can demonstrate a passion for engaging with our community
- Has very high standards for the quality of work produced